Friday, April 22, 2011

Evaluation Weekend

It's a few weeks before our biannual testing for black belts and tip testing which means it's also evaluation weekend. What this boils down to is that we get tested on all of our curriculum again to make sure we know it and can actually perform it well. We get a stripe on our belt for each curriculum area. Once we have all of our stripes, Master Lee makes a final judgement on whether or not we are ready for testing. You can have all of your curriculum stripes and still not get that recommendation stripe. This results when you know the actual curriculum but you aren't performing it well.

I essentially have two chances at this, tonight and tomorrow. If I mess up on something, I can try again on that item in the same evening but I will only get one second chance per day. I know all the curriculum. It's all about execution.

Side note: Regarding my MRI results, it boils down to 4 weeks of physical therapy along with some changes in how I sit and sleep. If that doesn't do the trick, then I'm off to the neurosurgeon.

Happy Easter everyone! We're getting together with family after church like we usually do.

No comments: