Friday, August 17, 2007

Roped in....

My kids are in elementary school. There is always some kind of "enrichment program" that they are introduced to. Well, earlier this year they were given the "opportunity" to do a 5 week session of Taekwondo for only $40 each. Eh...alright....not that expensive. Go for it. First, there is this orientation class on a Saturday afternoon. My wife and oldest daughter have to go sell cookies, so I end up taking my youngest to the class. Impressive demonstration.

Enter the mind of me: Oh...wait a minute...this is an actual class? My other daughter isn't here. That ok with you? Good. Wait a minute....why are you handing me a uniform? I'm not doing this. We only paid for the 2. Free for me? Best if I do it as well? Kids more likely to stick with it and enjoy it? ....Umm....how about I think about it. Sure....I'll take the uniform but I can return it right?


Now, don't get me wrong. I do enjoy playing with my kids and I spend a lot of time with them. But I'm Mr. Potato. Overweight. Anti-athletic. See my profile for more info on that. No way am I going to be any good at this. How could I embarrass myself in front of my children?

This was March. I passed my first belt test in April.


No comments: