Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Dark Knight

See this movie. It's incredible. Stop reading this blog and go to the theater now.

I saw it last night at a late showing with a friend. I haven't stopped thinking about it since. I'm debating paying to see the IMAX version.

I'd place it in my top 5 movies (note the term "movie" and not "film") of all time list. In no particular order:

The Incredibles
Alien
The Terminator
The Dark Knight
The Lord of The Rings (yeah...it's 3 movies....so what)

Honorable Mentions: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars: A New Hope, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Blade Runner, A Christmas Vacation

Edit: Forgot one: Pirates of the Carribean Trilogy

Note that I define my top movies as those that if they are on TV and I happen to catch it, I will blow off whatever I'm doing and watch them to completion. I will also make it a priority to own a copy of the movie on whatever the latest medium that I have a player for is because I will watch it over and over again. There are plenty of movies that I think are fantastic that aren't on this list (i.e. "Bueller? Bueller?") but don't fit the criteria.

1 comment:

Bil Repenning said...

Are you still thinking about it?