Friday, July 18, 2008

You just can't do this in Colorado

My family and I spent the 4th of July in Tennessee with my dad. He had been wanting us out for some time over this holiday because of his fireworks show he does in his back yard. Having grown up with him and attending the fireworks shows in the street in the front of my house, I kind of poo-pooed the whole event.

I was wrong.

Here are a couple of videos I took with our point and shoot camera. The sound doesn't capture well. It was REALLY loud. I was about 10-20 feet behind the launch point. He launched them over the lake his property sits on. The whole show lasted 50 minutes.









2 comments:

saybo said...

Holy cow! It's like a regular small-town show. How much did this cost? And -- can we buy this stuff at the fireworks stands in Wyoming?

Unknown said...

Sub $1000, more than $500 is my guess.

And I've never done the Wyoming fireworks stand so I wouldn't know.

Perspective is everything. The fireworks don't go as high as a pro show but you are much closer to them so you feel like it is as good a show.