Friday, June 25, 2010

hamstring part trois

Someone told me today that they hated when someone shared all the details about their disease/injury online essentially bringing them through it emotionally just like it was happening to them.

Hey....you....yeah....you know who I'm talking about.  Don't read this.  Move along.  Nothing to see here.

For the rest of you (Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?), I noticed as I was putting on the Chinese cream the other night that I now have a bruise right above the back of my knee about the size of and shape of a squashed racquetball.  I've also figured out that I've got swelling at the bottom of that muscle.  My calf below the knee is also starting to get some weird sensations at times like there is something in there stretching it.  I suspect that this is the blood from the muscle tear making it way down my leg.  It's been 2 weeks since the actual injury and I just noticed the bruise.  I'm pretty positive it wasn't there last weekend.  The weird sensations in the calf just started today.  

I've had a friend recommend I go see a doc. I'll probably do that this coming week. I'm also going to lay off the actual Taekwondo over the next week.  I was already planning on taking the next week off from Taekwondo to volunteer at our church's vacation bible school.  Might as well take it easy all around.